Friday 24 April 2015

Filled Under:

Matt Skiba On blink-182 Permanency: “That Is A Hope Of Mine”

blink-182 w/ Matt Skiba
Now that the dust has settled on blink-182’s first shows with Matt Skiba, talk has turned to the future of the band – and things are looking very positive indeed.

In a new interview with Alternative Nation, the Alkaline Trio/Matt Skiba And The Sekrets man has discussed the possibility of a new blink-182 record, and becoming a permanent member of the band.

“I’m about to go on an Alkaline Trio tour for a couple months. There’s some time and some things that those guys need to figure out before we can start saying I’m a permanent member,” Matt admits. “But that is a hope of mine. If we’re discussing recording an album, I think that seals the deal. But, we shall see, only time can tell.”
“Playing songs I haven’t written with Mark and Travis is a blast, so to go in and create music with them would be amazing,” he says.

The musician also spoke about any bad blood with former blink-182 frontman, Tom DeLonge, confessing that they haven’t spoken, but there’s no issue there.

“I haven’t been in contact with Tom at all, but we have always been friends and had a good relationship,” Matt reveals. “My role as replacing him in these shows is nothing personal. The guys asked me to play with them and I said absolutely and it was nothing to spite of Tom. Every experience I had with Tom was positive while touring with him in the past. So, there is no bad blood between us, or at least not from my end.”

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment