Thursday 12 February 2015

Filled Under:

The Fresh Prince is back in the studio.

Will Smith is plotting his music comeback with son Jaden and Kanye West.
http://factmag-images.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Will-Smith120215.jpg

Will Smith is plotting his rap comeback after a decade-long hiatus. The ‘Will 2K’ star has revealed he’s being mentored by his precocious 16-year-old son Jaden, who’s already released several records of his own, and rapper-producer-iconoclast Kanye West.
“I went into the studio with Kanye. I’m thinking about it. I’m exploring,” he told reporters at a screening of his new film, Focus, in London.
“I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet but I’m exploring. I’m in a creative ceiling. My son tells me I have to write out the things I don’t like. I can’t write and stop, I have to keep going and going and write them out. I’ve never worked like that before but I think I might give that a shot.”
His first sessions with Kanye took place back in 2013, so it’s been slow progress – but we’re betting that Jaden’s prolific workrate has spurred him on.
Smith is currently one of Hollywood’s most bankable names, but hasn’t released an album since 2005’s Lost And Found. We’ll always have a place in our hearts for Big Willie Style, which featured ghostwritten verses from none other than Nas.

Meanwhile, watch Smith and Jimmy Fallon demonstrate the evolution of hip hop dance styles.



source

0 comments:

Post a Comment