Wednesday 22 April 2015

Filled Under:

Kurt Cobain's cover of The Beatles' 'And I Love Her' surfaces online

Kurt Cobain's cover of The Beatles' 'And I Love Her' has surfaced online.

The recording features in Brett Morgen's documentary Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck.




Morgen has explained how "nobody in Kurt's life" had heard the recording before it was unearthed for the film.

"Nobody in Kurt's life - not his management, wife, bandmates - had ever heard his Beatles thing," he told Rolling Stone.

Cobain had famously claimed: "I like the Beatles, but I hate Paul McCartney."

Morgen added of the discovery: "I found it on a random tape. It's a Paul song. How's that for shattering the myth?"

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck will air on HBO on May 4. It is in selected cinemas now and available on digital download from April 24 and DVD and Blu-ray on April 27.

0 comments:

Post a Comment